Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

negative values not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are trying to insert into a screen field a negative value and we get the message "negative values not allowed".

Why? its format is INT4!

can anyone help me?

thank's in advance.

regards,

Andrea

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will be one check box informing that allow positive and negative values you need to check it.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

In the attributes of field screen i did not find any check box to allow negative values.

Where is this setting?

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

May be You have to check the Domain of the Data-Type

whether "Sign" is allout or not!

0 Kudos

the screen field data format is INT4.

The domain INT4 has the flag "Sign" checked.

But I still have the same problem.

What I have to do?

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellop Andrea,

Hmmmm! That sounds pretty difficult to me.

Maybe there is a range defined in the Domain value range ?

Hope i could help You

BR

Michael

0 Kudos

no there is no value range defined in the Domain INT4.

Andrea

0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Sorry about the delayed response.

When i made the initial post I didnt have the system with me and was confused between domain and screen

For the screen to allow negative values, you have to add a 'V' at the end of the text

i.e. if your IO box name is IO1 type INT4 then text should be _____________V

Hope this is clear and solves ur problem.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Pavan

thank you very much!

Finally I solve my problem.

Andrea

0 Kudos

Pavan,

thank's again for your help.

I'd ask you the following question:

I need to connect my ABAP program to an external Oracle Database running on Win NT.

My R/3 DB type is ADABAS D and running on Linux Red Hat 7.1

I have installed Oracle Client 9.2.0.4.0 on my Linux Red Hat and configured the tnsnames.ora file, also I run tnsping to check and it connect succesfully to the remote Oracle database running on Win NT.

I add an entry in table DBCON and I put my tnsname (alias) into the CON_ENV field.

In my ABAP program I use the Native SQL statement EXEC SQL. CONNECT TO 'IDENTIFIER' ENDEXEC, but I get the following runtime error:

Runtime errors DBIF_DSQL2_CONNECTERR

Exception CX_SY_NATIVE_SQL_ERROR

Error setting up a secondary database connection.

Is is impossible to connect to a database system with the identifier "identifier".

Maybe I have to set some environment variables (ex. ORACLE_BASE, ORACLE_HOME) in my ABAP program or install shared library... otherwise it can't find tnsnames.ora file?

Can you help me?

Andrea

0 Kudos

Andrea,

I donot have much exposure to ADABAS D, you might first try to create a PL/SQL block if there is something like that and execute the same piece of native SQL and see if you are getting an error or not.

I think the main problem is with syntax, because you can execute any native sql command using that.

Unfortunately I donot have access to two DBservers at the moment. If I come across something else I will let you know. But basically check the syntax by writing code directly in DB first and checking if it executes properly.

Pavan

0 Kudos

the problem occurs during the execution of the native sql statement CONNECT TO.

have you never used DBCON table to connect to an external database?

Maybe i have to configure sap system and oracle to work togheter, because the sap system is knowing only sap db (ADABAS D)!

in the con_env field of DBCON table I put the following connection string for oracle database:

dbname=GBNET user=tzta password=tzta host=192.168.0.10 port=1521

is it correct?

thank's.

Andrea

0 Kudos

If you are maintaining configuration in DBCON table then why are you firing a Native SQL command. I have not used this functionality earlier, but I dont think you will be firing a native sql command for connection atleast.

Pavan