Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to eliminate the request existing from earlier user and create my own

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus!

I have a program in SBX which I have to make changes to . When I go in the change mode a pop up screen pops out saying that u201CA new task will be created for the user XXXX: u201Cand the request number is given with desc. This particular user is no longer with us and the changes he made to the report is no longer required . So I am not sure If I should be going ahead with adding my request under his and go ahead with changes. What I have thought is to copy the PRD copy in SBX so that the changes are overwritten and the earlier existing request goes of and I create a new request . How do I copy the report from the prod so that I donu2019t get the request that has been there from the provious owner . I want to completely wipe of the request he had created. Even if I donu2019t have to copy from PRD how do I just eliminate his request and generate my own request fresh.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or Just transfer the same request and task on your name from SE09 and do the modifications...

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use version management to retrieve the version before the changes were made.

Rob

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or Just transfer the same request and task on your name from SE09 and do the modifications...

0 Kudos

Yes , Retriving the through version management is ok but I wanted to get the latest version that is on PRD and then make the changes to that . SO how do I import it from PRD and then start making chnages.

Thanks Amit I ahve used SE09 to chnage the owner on to mine , but is theer a way I can get the version thats there on PRD to come on SBX and then start my change.

Thanks

0 Kudos

in version management do a remote comparision and incorporate those chnages in sandbox too.

0 Kudos

>

> Yes , Retriving the through version management is ok but I wanted to get the latest version that is on PRD and then make the changes to that . SO how do I import it from PRD and then start making chnages.

>

> Thanks

Use version management in PRD to determine the transport number and then use version management in DEV to restore to that version.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone , all of yours suggestion came to my help. Thanks again.