Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion, how to place alv output data file in al11 path

former_member244346
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i am facing some issue while place file to some al11 path.

I mean my requirement is one alv program in foreground giving time out error but in background spool generating, The problem is from spool i can't get data to excel because in my setting 10 page only can get. So i am planning to download that internal table data to al11 path/ share folder path. Anybody can help on this is there any better solution or how to write internal table data to excel file.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

10 pages it's only the default filter I say. The filter, changing, you can.

former_member596005
Participant
0 Kudos

if you dont want in excel format Simply write open data set and run your program it will save in application server as file ..you can access that file with your internal table data from Al11 .

If you want in excel use convert to csv function module and write open dataset.

Regards ,

Jagadeesh.

former_member182550
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your code is timing out in the foreground, I would start by looking at that problem because no program that is written correctly should time out..

former_member596005
Participant
0 Kudos

Richard Harper is right because recently myself wrote on abap program and is is working good without any timeout errors morevover its fetching nearly one million records.

me too faced timeout error initially due to path selection to store my file later resolved and working fine now , so if you focus on correcting foreground timeout error no hurdles will be there.