Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help : SUBMIT program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am developing a custom prgram which filters the billing documents.

These docments are submitted to another Standard SAP program which

processes them and displays the output in POP UP ALV format.

I am submitting the documents using SUBMIT exporting list to memory and return

but the list is initial since it is an ALV output.

Please suggest as to what has to be done to capture the output in my custom program

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try not exporting the list to memory and not returning. However, this will leave you in the submitted program.

Rob

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

one idea:

copy the standard SAP program to a Z... one and modify it, that before the ALV list is displayed, you put the output table into the memory (EXPORT whatever TO MEMORY ID...). After that in the calling program you can IMPORT whatever FROM MEMORY ID and you have all data.

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajinder,

Its good that you have used Submit with Exporting List to memory and Return and I am sure that you must have populated the input parameters of the standard report bt defining the selection table and declaring its type as rparams.

After you return to the custom report from the SAP standard with the internal table,you have to use Inporting List to Memory as the list is still in the ABAP memory ID.

After importing,you can use ALV Function Module and display it.

If the scenario is such that the SAP standard report is used to display the ALV,then you should only use Submit with the selection table as theri is no point in returning to your custom report once the ALV gets populated and displayed in a Pop Up window.

Simply use Submit with the selection table without even Return and Exportng List to memory.

In case you have any further clarifications,do let me know.

Regards,

Puneet Jhari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to perform the submit twice

so have to return back to my program

0 Kudos

OK - is the submitted program custom or SAP standard? Is it using REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY or REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY?

Rob