Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help regarding Modal dialog box in module pool programming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

my program need a dialo box to popup and take some data and on pressing save button in the dialog box, the popup should close and the values in the previous screen should be updated.

my problem is, when i execute the program, i am unable to close the dialog box. i tried use sy-ucomm but found it of no use.

please tell me the way to access the close button in the dialog box.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u give the coding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the function module :-

Call function ‘LC_POPUP_TO_CONFIRM_STEP’

Exporting

TEXTLINE1 = ‘YES’

TEXTLINE2 = ‘NO’

TITEL = ‘R U WANT TO SAVE’

Exporting

ANSWER = ‘Y’.

IF SY-SUBRC = ‘Y’.

LOGIC TO SAVE DATA….

ENDIF.

REGARDS,

Mekala vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

put the default next screen for the modal dialog box to the screen which u want to display

0 Kudos

hi sharad

thanq for the suggestion. i tried even that option.

my problem is , i am unable to close the screen. when i press the close button (x mark) screen is not closing. i want the screen to close and the control to go back to the previous screen, when i press close button.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you solve this problem. I am having the same issue here. I am unable to close the modal window.

Regards,

Abdullah

0 Kudos

Hi,

create a pf-status for the modal screen. add a close button(X) on the application toolbar. Give a function code of type 'E', ie., exit command.

Then write a module on EXIT command

write your logic inside...like leave screen or call screen 0 etc..

Regards,

Renjith Michael.

0 Kudos

Its working fine for me when I removed the next screen number.

In this way it goes to the screen from where this screen was called.

0 Kudos

hi abdullah

I could not solve that problem

Regards

Rambo

0 Kudos

Hello,

Try Call Screen scrnumber.

and the modal screen would close down automatically. All those fields that need population from the popup screen can be refered in the PBO module of the called screen. This would solve your problem.

Hope it is helpful

Zankruti