Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NACE help

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz explain to me what is d exact use of NACE properly in detail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The Tcode NACE is used to link the Standard SAP forms (SCRIPTFORM or SMARTFORM) or the customized form or the new form to its respective print programs. Also the output types, Form entry are linked with their forms and print programs. In short term, i can tell u that configuration or customization of forms to print programs, assigning output types, form entry to the forms are done using this Tcode.

regards,

shamim

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is useful to find the related Output type depending on the Application of your business.

There are different applications defined in SAP for different modules. For example 'V' is the Application for SD and there are V1, V2. V3 in that.

For example you wants to find the Output type, print Program and Script form for the Sales order.

First you have to know the Application of that SO which is V1, then in NACE select V1 click on Output types. It will take you to number of output types, in that you have see and select the required, Std output is BA00 for SO.

Then select that BA00 and click on the Routines on the left side it will display the Print program and Script.

Hope you got it.

Regards,

Anji

0 Kudos

hi anji ,

after clicking on processing routines i can see d sapscript n smartform name i.e the original ones........my friend told me that i have 2 remove the names of d original script or smartform & <b>put d ones which i have modified</b>.

y do i have 2 replace d original namees with d modified ones??? if i keep d original ones wont my modified script be accepted while printing?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The Tcode NACE is used to link the Standard SAP forms (SCRIPTFORM or SMARTFORM) or the customized form or the new form to its respective print programs. Also the output types, Form entry are linked with their forms and print programs. In short term, i can tell u that configuration or customization of forms to print programs, assigning output types, form entry to the forms are done using this Tcode.

regards,

shamim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NACE transaction is used to assign print program and form to a particular output type depending on different applications like Shipping ,Sales etc,

go to NACE

1. Just click on Any of the Application ex- V2 Shipping

These will ba lot output types maintained for that,if u click on any of the output types and click on 'Processing Routines" U can see the print program and routine associated with that.

This transaction is normally done by Fuctional People

Regards

Avi...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nace transaction is the one which contains the conditions for ouputing by making use of outputypes.

Step wise procedure to see the output types:

1)go to nace transaction

2))Select the application type based on ur requirement,for Ex u need for billing Go for V3

3)Then go for output types ,select the outputtype ur required and go for processing routines for seeing the program name, form routine and form.

4)Go for Partner functions to see the ouput medium

--Madhava

Reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

NACE is related to script or the smart forms.

Some of the standard programs will give us the output to print either the script or the smart form.

All the form names which is related to the particular application and particualr program is stored in NACE.

In NACE you will have the Print program name and the form name for that application.

For example :

go to NACE :

select the application : EF Purchase Order

Click on output types.

Select the output type. MAIL new PO print

click on the folder 'processing routines'.

you will see the form name : MEDRUCK

If you want to modify the PO output , you can create a new FORM and put your FORM name in the place of MEDRUCK.

I hope this might have thrown some light on NACE.