Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Last Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am doing coding and right now its reached upto 700 line....and output is shortdump

error is CONVT_NO_ERROR.."*5.20" unable to interpret as Number....even i donknow how many variable i have taken..(bad progm practice)..in this program...what to do....:(. Pls help..how to reach to the exact variable.) i am doing debugging but problem lies in the loop.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the * infront of your number might be occuring because you are trying to store a number longer than what the variable can store! you should change its lenght.

Regards,

Sooness.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the line number in the dump,

somewhere in an amoutn field amount value is stored as *5.20 , debug and checkout why the * is coming in front of that number

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi subham arya,

in the dump, there is a source code section. The line where the error occurred is marked.

Are you sure it´was CONVT_NO_ERROR? I know CONVT_NO_NUMBER. This happens when moving charcters to a numeric field. You can bypass the error with

TRY

EXCEPT

ENDTRY

Search this forum for CONVT_NO_NUMBER.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

click on the "Information where terminated" section of the dump, where u can find the line number of the source code which raised the dump

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the error is beacuse you have * in between quotes and you are trying to convert it to a number.

Check this out also if you can show us the code it will be easy to help you.

Regards,

Sesh

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the * infront of your number might be occuring because you are trying to store a number longer than what the variable can store! you should change its lenght.

Regards,

Sooness.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

You can see the detailed dump report(the dump log), there it is pointed out that the program is showing a short dump because of a particular line.

Put a break-point before this line of code. Debug the program starting from the break-point.

Possible cause of error is a type mismatch ie while equating a variable to another, type match may have been ignored.

<b>Reward points, if helpful.</b>

Regards,

Atin