Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monospace Font with Zebra Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm printing label using Zebra printer. I'm printing some text like <"ABCDEFGH1234567"> and i need to underline last 7 digit of the text. So I'm using GB to underline the last seven characters. As the characters before the numeric part is not uniformly spaced, it appears sometimes underline is moving to the left(when characters like W, M are there) and sometimes to the right (when charters like I, J ) are there. I want to use monospace character to fix this issue, but i dont know how to use them. I tried searching online but couldnt find any information on this.

If anybody has knowledge/experience on this please share your thoughts.

Thanks in Advance.

1 REPLY 1

kirill_smirnov
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi M A,

There are (at least) two possible options:

1. Embed a true type font (Like Courier New) and use it for printing. This might affect performance.

2. Use pre-loaded Zebra monospaced fonts (A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H) to achieve this. However, you will have to use either Print Controls or Commands to tell printer to use this particular standard font. You will also have to become familiar (but just a bit) with ZPL II programming language.

Cheers,
Kirill