Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module pool programming--input/output field text

0 Kudos

I have one screen ,,in that layout i have created one input /output field .the length of that field is 255 characters.when i execute the screen the field text is not showing in screen.insted of that field if i give any other field the text is coming properly....

My requirement is with that field the length should be 255 characters....what is the issue and y the text is not showing in screen ...

Can anyone look into this and tell the solution.

Thanks and regards,

Shivani.

7 REPLIES 7

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

shivnai-nagula,

You issue is still not clear, can you please give some screen shots to understand?

0 Kudos

Hi

i have this layout and created a input/output field as below screenshot and the length of that field is 255 charachters in table.

vim.png

and when i execute this in screen its is not showing the text as below.

c1.png

0 Kudos

ok you can check the properties of that text element and see that the def.len and vis.len only 20.

0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area. At the same time, the person will be informed of your comment (currently not).

dev_parbutteea
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There seem to be 2 fields which are hidden. I assume that you might have hidden them via coding, maybe you assigned a screen group to the text and hence the field text has been hidden?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand well your question, based on your further comments, you complain that if you add an input field to the screen, the label is not automatically added in front of it, right?

As I can see in your screenshot, after you added the input field, there's no label in front of it. Either you add it manually or if you want a label to be proposed automatically, you should name your input field like a field of an existing DDIC structure or table, and confirm that the field has to come from the DDIC. Both label and input fields will be proposed to be added at the same time.

0 Kudos

i have declared the field in flow logic as below in between chain and endchain.

FIELD gh_idx_application->ms_idx_header-zzinv_ref_number.

i want to know where we can hide the text field.could anyone look into this answer

regards,

shivani.