Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying Dynamic selection in standard logical database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have a requirement to add a field to a dymamic selection of standard programs.

The standard programs used the logical database KDF.

I have created a custom selection view and included the required field which is from table BKPF.

But this field is not appearing as the table BKPF is not defined as a node in Dynamic selection but in only field selection.

Can anyone please provide me with come help on this?

I need to add the a field from BKPF to the dynamic selection of standard logical DB KDF. Is this possible?

Thanks and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid, no. BSIK is a node and has some fields from BKPF, did you check?

If this is very critical, you could think about appending the field to BSIK with the same name as it is in BKPF. It will then be filled automatically for new postings (thanks to MOVE-CORRESPONDING, by the way...)

Thomas

2 REPLIES 2

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid, no. BSIK is a node and has some fields from BKPF, did you check?

If this is very critical, you could think about appending the field to BSIK with the same name as it is in BKPF. It will then be filled automatically for new postings (thanks to MOVE-CORRESPONDING, by the way...)

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

thank you very much for the precious help.

I appended the field BKTXT to BSIK and BSAK as used in logical database and these are automatically filled for new postings thanks to Move corresponding (as indicated).

We are left with only to feed these new fields with existing data/records.

kind regards..

Edited by: Devi on May 19, 2009 12:51 PM

Edited by: Devi on May 19, 2009 12:51 PM