Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages from IDoc processing can be found in application log

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_MRM Function Module to post Inbound Vendor EDI Invoices. During testing, we sometimes see the error "Messages from IDoc processing can be found in application log". We then have to check transaction SLG1 to ascertain the 'real' issue, e.g. "No GR documents found". In a Production environment however, this will be very inconvenient. Our business users process their own iDoc errors according to the iDoc Status, so to have to call up another transaction, and select the correct Application Log to find the true error, is not a process I would feel comfortable with for our users.

My question is, can we configure/determine which messages are passed to the iDoc Status, or redirect Application Log messages ? Might a Z version of FM IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_MRM be the way forward ?

Many thanks,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just monitor your error idocs in WE20 transaction. Give idoc number here then execute, you can see the all three records(control, data, status). Click on status record node then double click

on status number(e.g 51), it will take you to another screen there you click on "application log" button on application toolbar. This is the standard way finding the application log of an idoc, even i am finding the application log on production server like this.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just monitor your error idocs in WE20 transaction. Give idoc number here then execute, you can see the all three records(control, data, status). Click on status record node then double click

on status number(e.g 51), it will take you to another screen there you click on "application log" button on application toolbar. This is the standard way finding the application log of an idoc, even i am finding the application log on production server like this.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

0 Kudos

Hi,

To write messages in application log or in the status records is merely dependent on the inbound function module code. There is no way to configure it.

The only way to find if it is application log or not is to go through the status records of the IDocs in WE02

BR/Yogesh

0 Kudos

Sir WE20 is for Partner profile can you check and reply