Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message language setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a message class, with messages in English only. I don't want to translate them, but when a user logged on in an other language gets the messages, it's just the message class and the number that is shown. On an other system, the messages are displayed in English, as it should be, even if the user logged on in an other language.

How can I set this up so that the message text is displayed and not the number? Is it a user setting or a system setting?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

try this...

goto table t100a...

give your class.. and change the master language as empty...

null

0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

thanks for your answer, but it's still the same. When I log on in English, message is OK, when I log on in other language, it's the default message class + number that is displayed.

I think it's more of a SAP setup problem, since on one system it's correct and on an other system, the problem occurs, but I used the same transports to install my program and message class.

0 Kudos

Is it the probelm with your code or some standard code.

Regards,

Atish

0 Kudos

I don't think it's in my code. In my opinion it's more a SAP setting and maybe this is not the right place on the forum to ask for it, but I didn't find a better place.