Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory ID not working after calling a new Smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a program (ZCALL) which calls smartform (ZSFORM1) to print a letter. Inside my smartform ZSFORM1, I import Memory ID "ZMEM1' to bring in some data. It is working fine.

I have to rename my form name from ZSFORM1 to ZSFORM2, use the same print program, now the memory ID 'ZMEM1' is not bringing in ANY data. When I debug the program and check the ABAP memory, it still have the form name = ZSFORM1.

I try to use a new Memory ID ZMEM2, it is still empty. To me, it looks like the calling program ZCALL has some memory to point to the old form ZSFORM1. How can I initialize / clear the memory for the form name?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When I debug the program and check the ABAP memory, it still have the form name = ZSFORM1.

Check your EXPORT statement. ABAP memory is specific to user session & i think you've passed the hardcoded value of the Smartform name in your EXPORT statement.

You can post your IMPORT / EXPORT statements for better analysis.

BR,

Suhas

Edited by: Suhas Saha on Aug 24, 2010 1:38 AM

2 REPLIES 2

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When I debug the program and check the ABAP memory, it still have the form name = ZSFORM1.

Check your EXPORT statement. ABAP memory is specific to user session & i think you've passed the hardcoded value of the Smartform name in your EXPORT statement.

You can post your IMPORT / EXPORT statements for better analysis.

BR,

Suhas

Edited by: Suhas Saha on Aug 24, 2010 1:38 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. The form name was hardcoded in the Export statement by another developer. The Export statement is not defined in the calling program, rather in another SAP business process.

Thanks a lot, points have been rewarded.