Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME51N-ME52N: Editable customer column in Item Overview ALV grid?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have added the fields in the structure CI_EBANDB. The fields are being shown on the item Overview ALV grid but only in display mode.

The requirement is to make it input enabled in tCode: ME51N and ME52N just like the column 'Material' 'Plant' etc.

Can we enable the columns? I have checked in SPRO but the fields are not listed so that I can make them input enabled.

Is it possible to make them input enabled?

If so, kindly suggest?

Regards

Amit

PS: I have searched the forum and found that this is probably not possible. I want the experts to comment on this. Is this possible or not. If not, why? and if yes, how to achieve this?

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I debugged and found the column 'Edit' (Ready to Input) of the field catalog for the ALV display is set to 'true' for the fieldname which I have added into the EBAN table and the structure CI_EBANDB. But while displaying it is grayed out..:(

I tried to change the value of the standard column like 'Matnr', and it appeared in display mode.

I am not able to figure out how to resolve this..

Can anybody please suggest..?

Regards

Amit

Edited by: siemens.a.k on May 17, 2010 11:02 AM

0 Kudos

Check the properties of other fields which are also grayed out like ur fields.

--

Reddy

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your response...:)

The customized column has the same properties as the standard column like MATNR, WERKS etc. But still it is grayed out...

Kindly help..

Regards

Amit

0 Kudos

Not those filedds which are editable finally. check other fileds which are also grayed out and compare with ur field properties.

--

Reddy

Dear V V Reddy,

I found the solution..

While debugging i found that the method: BUILD_DYNPRO_FIELDS (Include - LMEGUICJM ) is being called. In this the table 'my_dynpro_fields' is prepared. This table has a column named as 'metafield'. The value of this field for the Customer field was 0. I changed it to 69 and now the column was input enabled...:)

Thank you once again.

Cheers!!!

Amit

0 Kudos

Metafields are defined in pool MMPUR ,all these metafields are assigned for standard screen fields for ALV grid control

for ME52N line items,now when custom fields is added how can we use 69 specifically,is there any SAP NOTE

to create metafields for custom fields...

Thanks

Former Member

Hi,

After Consulting SAP,

The Solution for your program is to implement en. spot in fm : MEREQBADI_FS_ITEM :

add method with your name to all other methods

try using this code :

form....

gf_tabname = 'MEREQ3211GRID'.

map 'ZZ...' mmmfd_cust_01.

endform.

and  then implement method : fieldselection_item , badi : me_process_req_cust

try using this code:

type-pools : mmmfd.

field-symols : <fs> like line of ch_fieldselection.

loop at ch_fieldselection assigning <fs> where metafield >= mmmfd_cust_01.

<fs>-fieldstatus = '.'. "open for editing

endloop.

it should work after that.

Alexa ( DEV TEAM )

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement, can you kindly tell me what enhancement spot should be implemented in fm: MEREQBADI_FS_ITEM.  can you give me a little detail about the code,

Thanks,

Moied Yousuf

saigopal_abap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey amith do you have the code for this ?

i am facing the same issue now, can you please share the code if you have it yet ?

mail : saigopalkotta39@gmail.com

Thanks and regards.

Sai Gopala Krishna.