Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MB31- add custom field in screen

nileshlohar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new in SAP ABAP,

I want to add custom  Field in Transaction MB31 Screen

Please advice.

Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8

pavlo_denysyuk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , Nilesh.

First of all - How to add new field in screen no 310 of transa... | SCN.

I was dealing with standart screen extensions with RE-FX module, but assume approach is the same. The correct way to deal with screen extensions - configuration. SAP allows you to create new sections,views,screens,fields and controller via configuration ( SPRO ). You should find sth. similar to "Basic Settings for the Dialog Structure (Tab pages with Fields)" for your business object.

Hope helpfull.

nileshlohar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Pavlo Denysyuk  for Quick response,

can you explain details what configuration i have to check and its steps ,

0 Kudos

The thing here is that SAP has hierarchy concept for screen. I might mix things a bit here, but in general :

1. We declare field

2. create view and link field

3. create section and link view

4. create screen + link section

5. link new screen ( or part ) to MB31 screen.

Changing/extending/replacing of standart SAP is not a task for beginner. If I were you I would ask for guidance more senior guys from your team !

0 Kudos

Thank you Pavlo Denysyuki , i am coordinating with my senior . but we are not able to find correct solution

requirement is - when user will create batch against Production order using MB31 at that time client want to maintain price for material ( dynamic price) for reference purpose ,

0 Kudos

What I would suggest is to make it easier. Without extending standard screen. Dunno whether it would be ok for you but I am thinking about :

1. Use badi MB_DOCUMENT_BADI correct method which is fired after creation in MB31. Here you could for example calculate your price dynamically and store it somewhere. In this case user would not be able to change price. I mean system would calculate it.

2. You could create your own transaction ( SE93 ) for report. Where in report we could select orders from MB31 and set price manually. This option is much easier then the one you are thinking about. Better to spend some time to think how to convince your client for that case instead changing standart SAP.

0 Kudos

Thanks i;ll to convince to for 2nd option .

0 Kudos

Yeah, believe it would be better. What could be done on top of that:

After new order has been created in MB31 system could run tranzaction automatically in new window. That would be more likely for you. As user could simply forgot to run needed tranz after creation in MB31.