Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum columns in ALv

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone tell me how many columns can be used in ALV.

I have used 81 cols.

I mgetting dump "The ABAP source code lines are longer than the width of the internal "

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soni,

I think You can use 60 col at the max.

If help rewad point.

Regards

Azad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no limit for the number of Maximum columns.

Once you assign the layout, all the fields are reflected in the ALV Grid.

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no limit for number columns in ALV. If it is truncating the last columns other solution would be you can display those columns in second row.

regards,

Bhavna.

-Reward points if it helpful

dhorions
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't <b>think</b> the problem is that you have to many columns in your alv grid. I think the problem is that your source code lines are too long.

Depending on what vesrion of sap you are using and what version of the editor you are using, the maximum line length can be altered in the settings screen of your sapgui (tools/settings/editor menu) or the settings screen in your editor (click the icon in the lower right).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error you are getting is nothing to do with the number of columns in the ALV.

There is a bug in the ALV functions in that they read through your program source code to get some details, and only allow 72 characters per line - the old style ABAP editor width.

You will get this error if you have a single line in the program longer than 72 characters - even comment lines. Simply split or shorten lines to remove this error.

ALV has a max output width which allows a few hundred columns - I think its something like 1023 characters.

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

no limit

former_member183890
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the AL Field catalog definition the filed used for the column number is of SYCUCOL component type definition which has the data type of INT4 which has a length of 10 integers. So the allowed field should be 9999999999. But in reality I have never seen a ALV that exceeds 100s of column as ALV comsumes memory.

Also I don't think it is a problem with the no. of columns. It is a problem with the data that needs to be displayed.

Hope it helps. Reward points if helpful.

- Irudayaraj Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>u can go upto 255</b>

regards,

srinivas

<b>*reward for useful answers*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

go to the following thread

<b>plz reward if useful</b>