Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matchcode object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a match code object, that was converted to a collective search help during subsequent upgrades. The collective search help has one elementry search help. In the selection metod i have the name of the pool table created for the match code object. How is this pool table populated? I have never worked with match codes and though i tried reading up some documentation , could not figure this out. If any one has more info, please help.

Regards,

Hari.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harikrishnan,

Check the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/cf/21f083446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Coding wise there should not be any diff populating transparent and pool/cluster tables.

Thanks,

Rajesh Mandalapu.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply, but i guess i asked the worong question! I was trying to find out from where this is getting populated. I tried to do a "where used" but it did not give me any meaningful hits. I wanted to know the conditions/business rules used to populated this table.I have another program that reads this table and i was trying to analyse that object.

Regards,

Hari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hari,

Match code are different in all spheres from the Pooled Table.

Match Code is one of the best way to the Values present in the Table (regardless of its Type either Transparent,Pooled or Clustered).

Match Codes are created using SE11.

Thanks

Kam

0 Kudos

Hari,

To answer to the Lastest questions, was that the Pooled / Clustered Tables will be populated in a different way ( ie not through direct INSERT into the Table).

<b>Pooled Table mostly have the Columns derived from the more than one Transparent Table. Whenever any Entry is made into these TRansparent Tables, an Entry in the Pooled Table will be Created.</b>

Thanks

Kam

Note: All points for all worthful postings

Message was edited by: Kam

0 Kudos

Hi Kam,

Thanks. But where can i know the transparent tables that feed data to this? There also may be some logic , used for this. Where can i see these? What i wanted to know was what causes data to flow in to this pool table(created as input help for the match code). If it is from a transparent table, is there any place in SE11 where i can see the transparent tables associated with this particular object?

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hari,

In other side, we cannot see the direct relationship of Transparent Tables with the Pooled Table.

See the diagram in the Link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/cf/21f083446011d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

The diagram clearly shows how tha data will be stored.

Thanks

Kam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you know the matchcode object, then in se11 select utilities->other dictionary objects and pick the matchcode radio button and specify the match code object. Once you are in match code object screen you can see the pool table name and also the source table names.

Thanks

Giridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a standard one, if so, can you give us the name please so that we can help?

Srinivas