Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

match code and value on request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have created ZHELP in SE 11 search help.

Later I used in my code as follows

PARAMETER : X TYPE VBAK-VBELN MATCH CODE OBJECT ZHELP.

and

VALUE ON REQUEST <field-name>

what is the difference between above two statement ?

by,

Raghul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that both (Match code and Value request) provides the option for F4 Functionality. The later is an event used with 'At selection screen' for multiple fields where as when you are using it with parameter, U are providing the F4 which is very specfic to the field.

When u are using At selection screen on value request, you get the option of using FMs to auto populate the remaining fields based on the input provided to any specfic field on the selection screen.

Ex : FM -- F4if_int_table_value_request.

Regards

Kiran

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that both (Match code and Value request) provides the option for F4 Functionality. The later is an event used with 'At selection screen' for multiple fields where as when you are using it with parameter, U are providing the F4 which is very specfic to the field.

When u are using At selection screen on value request, you get the option of using FMs to auto populate the remaining fields based on the input provided to any specfic field on the selection screen.

Ex : FM -- F4if_int_table_value_request.

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello raghul kanna,

Search help is not specific only to a particular field. It can more than a field and can be used for all the fields that are present in it. Once a search help is created and populated we cannot change its contents after that.

By using the AT SELECTION-SCREEN ON VALUE-REQUEST FOR <field>, event, we can display our selected values in the F4 help for that field by using FM (e.g.: F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST, POPUP_WITH_TABLE_DISPLAY etc., )

If the search help is attached by a modif id and the ON VALUE-REQUEST event is specified, the importance is given to the event and if no function module is called in the event, there will be no values for F4 help even if a search help is attached.

Hope you find it helpful

Regards

Indu.