Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making XL as frontend gui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all gurus,

I have a senario where in i want to map xl sheet with SAP.

i mean the frontend GUI will be XL and the backend will be sap-database.

is it possible? if yes. hw do i do it?

plz help,

regards,

johnson

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible , You will need to read the excel sheet using the existing FM or using OLE2 objects in a program and use that program to upload or download data from the excel.

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's truly going to be the "front end" (i.e the users won't see standard SAP) then you'll probably need to interface using something like RFCs from Excel to SAP if you want real-time validation and data posting.

Another alternative you could consider is using SAP's "Excel in-place" i.e. Excel displayed inside a SAPGui... the demo program SAPRDEMOEXCELINTEGRATION shows this in action (when running it click the "Select Document" button (Shift-F4) and chose one of the options - you will see Excel loaded within the SAPGui... it's then possible to exchange data, validate etc within SAP e.g. try changing one of the fields at the top of the screen and cliking the "Refresh: button.

Jonathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sol : Using Bapi