Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining production table maintenance generator in development system

sanjay_deshpande4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where client wants to maintain table in development(In table maintenance generator)

but all entries should be accessible in production system.

ie production tab maintenance generator should not be maintained.Only Dev will be maintained.

I will be thankful for kind guidance in this regard.

Thanks,

SD

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As I understand you want to TMG which should be changed in development system and create TR

but it should not be changed in QSA or PSA.

Select Radio button "Standard recording routine"in TMG.

Thanks

Mahipalsinh

0 Kudos

HI Mahipalsinh,

Thanks for replying.

create TR but it should not be changed in QSA or PSA.

The changes will appear in QA asweel and i wont be useing TR to transfer data.

Replication should happen from DEV TMG only.

Kindly guide further.

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear S D,

You can't fetch the data from PRD to Dev.

For this do one this make the table as a customized table and create the customized request once data is entered in the table . Send the customized request to QA and PROD.

Thanks and Regards

Nishant

former_member220028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are mainly 2 types of tables:

Customizing-Tables

Master-Data-Tables

CU-Tables:

CU is maintained in DEV (Flag "Standard Recording routine" is enabled in table maintance generator) so a transport request is created and you can transport the data to other systems.

Master-Data-Tables:

(Flag "Standard Recording routine" is disabled in table maintance generator)

so no transport request is created and you have to maintain the data in every system.

In addition to master-Data-Tables. you can manually append this table to a transport request so you can transport values once. But after the transport, each table can be maintained different in each system.

regards

Stefan Seeburger

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard solution is generation of transport requests and their later import in quality and production system.

Else you could use some RFC destination or connection to database, and use a maintenance event of TMG (e.g. Event 02 after saving the data in the database) to trigger update in target systems.

Regards,

Raymond