Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main window in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

My main window is exactly fitting / joining when i execute with single line item. But executing multiple line Items main window doesn’t fit/ joining with next window. What could be the trouble?  It should be connecting next window exactly for all types lines items…How to do?

Thanks

Shree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

following method is my main window it's dynamic values used Table...Unable to join exactly with bottom,

I hope  we can't adjust the window..It's already 9 cm height.. i tired minimum height..to join..

We need to fix the main window with bottom window exactly..either 3 items or 1 items it should be fixed with main window..

if you give space in text editor main window extends more than bottom window...

Thanks

Shree

21 REPLIES 21

former_member215563
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

1.You can  increase the distance between your main window and the other window so that for multiple line items they don't touch each other

2.Also you can decrease the line size, to accommodate more line items.

Regards,

Faiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

I might want to adjust the Table line / Template in which you are printing the data. Also please check the Paragraph format settings.

Could u please give the screenshot of the issue.

Thanks

Vivek

0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially i made 13 space in text editor to join bottom window. it works fine for single line item. but multiple line didn't fit properly. I have three multiple items it has to display in the main window one by one..but it is now displaying like below in the main window...getting huge gap..

Thanks

Shree

0 Kudos

Check indent spacing after and before line in smartstyle .... I hope what you mean is that you are getting spaces between two lines . If indent spacing does not work apply &<Field-Name>(C)& to avoid spaces between lines.

Message was edited by: RAHUL SINGH

0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Use templates and reduce the Line size. Also you  can  create a new paragraph format and select small fonts to reduce the gaps between the line items.

Regards,

Faiz

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you are right in cases of gap in the main window but how to make fit the main window between & top and bottom window...when you give multiple items..

thanks

shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Please check, is there any other windows below the main window. If so, move that window below the main window.

I am assuming that you are using table to display the line item data. Also try adjusting the main window and the next window size.

With Regards,

Gurulakshmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Shree,

You can try to use table or template to display multiple item in your smartforms.

Regard's

Andri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree..

What does your top and bottom windows contain. I think it will be helpfull to you if you define every thing in MAIN  window. Use table for printing dynamic values. and Templates for static values and Fixed texts. Check the screen shot below.

Regards,

PRudhvi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

following method is my main window it's dynamic values used Table...Unable to join exactly with bottom,

I hope  we can't adjust the window..It's already 9 cm height.. i tired minimum height..to join..

We need to fix the main window with bottom window exactly..either 3 items or 1 items it should be fixed with main window..

if you give space in text editor main window extends more than bottom window...

Thanks

Shree

0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Main window is dynamic i.e. if there is more data it will overflow to next page. Now what i understand by your concern is that you need a fix format which shall be always same in display. If you are using table it will float according to the Lines in the Itab.

What we do to avoid this we use to create a secondary window exactly the size of the main window with same height/width/alignment and create the template inside this window. This acts as a outer frame which will be fixed and does not depends on the number of data.

Others has also suggested you to use this in the same way.

Mark the answer correct or helpful if it helps to resolve the issue as it will be helpful to others who are facing the similar problem, they can identify the correct/helpful answer.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Yes we have option to use template but when we get more than 3 items or 10 items 15, how can manage in template. It should be extendable…

In the main window I have given enough space where necessary items should display excessive line items should display on next page..

Should we use secondary & template dumpy purpose under main window…?

Can i use TEMPLATE instead of Table when we have multiple line items?

Thanks

Shree

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need to extend the table on the basis of items then you need to use Table option in Smartform but again it will be extended on the basis of the items.

If you are using the Template it will work as a outer frame for the same you can also define the next page and apply the Template for next page also. This helps in the fixed format, i.e. where the frame will be fixed the number of items will be displayed in that fix format and if there is more items then it will flow to next page as per your design in next page.

Now it depends on your requirement whether you need to extend the table on the basis of number of items or you need a fix format for any number of items.

You need to discuss the design with functional who has provided you this scope.

Now in context with your question :-

1. Templates are Static. i.e Can not be extended. Can be used as an outer frame like an outline/separation of your table (Item / Description/Qty). If you need to extend the table according to items then you need to use Table (That is Dynamic).

2. You may define the next page if it required to be displayed in different format then first page otherwise you can use the same page.

3.Yes, you need to use template (as define in secondary) on the top of main window,  if you need a fix format of outer lines and frames.

4. Templates can not be used as tables (dynamic items), as templates has a fixed length. In your case you will be using both but you will be using template just for the outer frame of the main area where dynamic line items will be displayed.

0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

After main window, you using next window right..

can you try next window contents in main window footer?

in your smart form are you using only one page?

and let me know still you have face space issue between  line items  in main window?

and dont go with template for dynamic value display!

Regards

Kannan

0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I need to conclude this query,  I believe the billing items can be 3 items or more than 10 items. Can we use template cause or how can we avoid the gap using table?

pl i'm not understanding how to do.?

Thanks

Shree

0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

Templates will not reduce the gaps. It will take whole space of the main window where you will specify it.

But if you need to reduce the gap of main and footer then you need to specify the footer in main window, without using template. Please check the comments of others also they have suggested you the same.

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos

Hi kannan,

I need to join bottom & top window using table format...tell me what to do? Rahul has given output.. using secondary window & template for outer frame..unable to to do?

Pl give me idea to finalize this issue..i Hope you understand this query...

thanks

shree

0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

It's billing no it has to display item details in main window and footer is used to calculate total values should be displayed... So Header & Main & footer are used in this billing using table format.

Note: Problem is main window changes when we using different billing no..it's not joining properly with bottom window..

Tried using secondary window with template for outer frame which is not working properly..

Thanks

Shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

you can use space before ans space after options in the paragraph format instead of giving spaces manually.

Regards

Haritha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

How to fix table window standard length with joining bottom window. when we do different billing nos...

thanks

shree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

Creating template with secondary window to complete the gap...Why don't we create main window with border then it completes & fills gap..

thanks

Shree