Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been told to create a new LSMW project for material master.Can anyone tell me if existing LSMW project for material master is there then why i have been told to create the new one??

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

I am not sure of the intention behind asking to create a new LSMW project if there is already an existing one in the system.

All the materials created in system are not always created with the same set of fields. Material Master is a big object which has more than 10 different views and so based on the requirement some or all of the views are used. I think in your case the file used to create the materials has changed so they want you to create a new one or the old one is not working as expected.

You can use the standard Direct Input Method for Material Creation in LSMW. The program name will be RMDATIND. In the first step select the Direct/Batch method radiobutton, do a F4 on the input field and select RMDATIND from the program list.

There is also a BAPI and IDOC (MATMAS) for material creation. You can pick any method based on your requirement.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

For uploading Material Master data using LSMW...use the stanadrad program RMDATIND direct input method or use the BAPI.

BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

not required to create the new LSMW program,

you have to use standard LSMW program BAPI method

Business Object BUS1001006 Standard material

Method SAVEDATA Create and change materia

Message Type MATMAS_BAPI Create and change materia

Basic Type MATMAS_BAPI01 Create and Change Materia