Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW problems

former_member384574
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I've a strange thing that's happening when I'm converting data on an LSMW. I'm using recording to SM30 for creating the entries on my customer table Z_TEST, my table contains 49 fields. The file is being reading correctly but, when I try to convert it there are three rows created per row read in the file... and then, when I try to create the BI the following message appears: BDC_INSERT, Transaction code .. is invalid.

Do you know if the LSMW doesn't allow to create a BI with 49 fields? There's any other way for data migration for customer tables?

Thank you so much in advance for all your help.

Regards,

Rebeca

4 REPLIES 4

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you seen the converted data? and checked if there is any large space is overlapped with the data.

Check the data into converted file.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

Yes I've checked the convert data, and the fields are too much longer, but I do not know why and how to solve this issue, also, as I told in the message, when the row is converted, it is splitted in two rows ... do you know how can I solve this issue?

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,

Rebeca

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check your legacy file. If it is a text file then check for blank spaces over there. I think somehow blank spaces and double quotes are there inside your file. So, you have to remove that.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

0 Kudos

Hello again,

Thank you so much for your support! I will check it tomorrow in the office and I will let you know my comments because I think I've checked and there's no blank or double quotes, but I will double check

If there isn't any of that characters, do you think there will be another problem?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Regards,

Rebeca