Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW on Custom SAP Program

tiamtjai_goh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can I use LSMW to upload legacy data to a custom SAP program? Meaning, there will be a customization of SAP screens and tables. I want to use LSMW to upload my legacy data to this customized program.

What will be the best method to do data upload for a customized program in SAP?

Regards,

Goh Tiam Tjai

2 REPLIES 2

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Absolutly. All you need to do is create a new LSMW object. Then when setting up the attributes of the object, make sure to choose the recording here. When doing so you can create a recording of your custom transaction where you will fill the data. Then use this recording in the LSMW to upload the data from your PC files to SAP.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can do it with the use of lsmw.

If u have any transaction for that customised sap program u can use the recording method to upload the data into the sap system.

If it is only a standard sap report program u can do it with batch input or direct input method.

after this just specify the target and source structures and then map the structures and specify the flatfile path read the records convert to sap formart create the session and process the session thats it

if u have any further questions let me know

Regards,

Naveen