Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical System confusion after BW system refresh

former_member612721
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding Logical Systems in SAP .

We installed a new sandbox BW, IXB, as copy of production BW IPB

IXE was refreshed from production system IPE some months ago

We now want to connect the sandbox IXE to sandbox IXB for data extraction.

as part of post activities I've ran BDLS as follows:

1) on IXB:

IPBCLNT003 -> IXBCLNT003

IPECLNT003 -> IXECLNT003

2) on IXE (long ago):

IPECLNT003 -> IXECLNT003

on IXE, instead of converting IPBCLNT003 -> IXBCLNT003 in BDLS, I created the new logical system IXBCLNT003 in BD54, and used this one for BW communication between the two.

My question is: does it make any difference if , on IXE, I created the brand new logical system IXBCLNT003 in BD54, instead of converting IPBCLNT003 -> IXBCLNT003 ?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

kashyap_shah3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandru,

Even to convert logical system using BDLS, target logical system first should exist (in BD54). I think if you don't run BDLS than existing delta queue maintenance (RSA7), etc. would be impacted.

The best document around this is SAP Note 886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW and based on the description, your scenario should be A2.

Best Regards,
Kashyap Shah

former_member612721
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kashyap,

Thank you for the guidance.

I already followed the note you mentioned from beginning to end. But the problem is that it's not clear to me which scenario represent my situation. I hoped to be B2

We refreshed IXE long ago (almost an year ago).. During this time, the IXE wasn't connected to any BW, and we just installed IXB recently as copy from IPB. My confusion is: which scenario from note

886102 applies in this case ?

A2 or B2 ?

And what if the system IXE was installed as an empty ECC system (without system refresh) and there was no existing BW Logical System to convert..what would it be different regarding the BDLS approach? Would it be enough just to create the logical system in BD54 in that case?

Thank you