Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock and Unlock a table:AFVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks.

I want to modify a standard table (AFVU ) with new user dates from User.For this,First I need to lock and unlock the table.

When I am trying for the standard table lock object (EAFVU) ,it was not there in the system.

Is there any way to find out the lock object for a particular table?

How to proceed for this?

Any Pointers are much helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE11 and display your table - do a where used list and select lock objects.

I really hope when you say you are modifying a standard table you are only updating custom appends on that table, and not directly updating standard SAP fields...

Gareth.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SE11 and display your table - do a where used list and select lock objects.

I really hope when you say you are modifying a standard table you are only updating custom appends on that table, and not directly updating standard SAP fields...

Gareth.

0 Kudos

The standard SAP fileds(USR08 and USR09) are modifying .( not appending )

0 Kudos

Hi,

Modifying the data in standard SAP fields is not good. Can you 100% guarantee that you won't get any referential integrity problems if you perform a direct update against that table?

It is often better to find a BAPI to update data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Majid,

Have you actually read the thread or just seen the words Lock and Unlock and cut and paste your stuff on table locking?! The OP knows how to use locks and just wants to know how to find a specific lock - please read a thread before adding random answers to it.

Gareth.