Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local workbench& Transportable workbench request when implementing the SAP Notes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently I had implemented two different sap notes in our Dev server. When implementing one sap note it asked me to create Transportable workbench request , after that one I transported to production.

And after some days I had implemented another different sap note in Dev server it prompts to create to local workbench request where as even I released that one it is not coming to Quality server.

Why differently two types of requests are creating when implementing SAP Notes?

What is the purpose of local workbench requests & How to move this requests to production?

Regards,

Praveen Chitturi.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member15255
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chitturi,

There are two forms of workbench request

1) Local Workbench request : In this case the workbench request has target system as <space>

2) Transportable workbench Request

This determination of Local / Transportable workbench request is based on package of the object and the transport route settings in the Transport Management System determine whether changes are recorded in a local or a transportable Workbench request.

So please check the package

Regards

Suresh Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to SE21.Enter Your Package Name.Click on Change Button.In the transport  attribute assign a proper transport layer.Now Go to se09.click on check box workbench request.If your request number is displaying under local change request then double click on it and on property tab assign a proper target system. that's All.

Regards

Ajit Tiwari

former_member349098
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member349098
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

To change the local workbench requests ?

process : SE80 - select the program or if any as you need - transactions -right click -change package assignment ..here we can assign package and it will ask for new TR .

then we can transport to Quality.

exactly for snote i don't know, i thought it will help You in some way