Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting the Manual Discount % based on Condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to limit the Discount % which is given manually based on some predefined condition.

Eg's: I would like to restrict the manual discount% from 1% to 10%, in case of Item-A is punched. Similarly I would like to restrict the manual discount% form 1% to 15% in case Item-B is punched in Sales order.

Please help me in this regard,

Thanks and Regards,

Dilip

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Look at the Pricing procedure and related condition types related to discount in Sales order of SD area and place the condition..

Reward points for useful Answers

Regards

Anji

0 Kudos

With referance to your reply, where to put a limit in the Condition type based on the specified criteria. I think you haven't understand my Question yet.

Eg's: If material is A and region is A then maximum discount I can give is 10 %

If material is A and Region is B then maximum disocount I can give is 15%

If material is B and Region is A then maximum discount I can give is 11%

If material is B and Region is A then maximum disocount I can give is 14%

The Condition type is manual, I have to show a error message if the above access sequence fails.

Regards,

Dilip

0 Kudos

Hi ...

if you want to have upper & lower limits of the Discount in the condition type , then you need to mantain the limits in the condition record .

Mantain a access sequence for that condition , and one of the condition table could be at Material/Plant level ( since you want the discount limits to be based on the combination of Material/Area). In the Conditio Record , mantain the rate as "0" & then go in the +details+ of the condition record & mantain the limits . in discounts, the lower limit is in fact the upper limit , because of the negative nature of the condition type.

During sales order creation , since the cndition recrods are present , the condition will show up in the "Condition" but it will be blank . ( place a check mark on "Value/ Amount percent", in the "Changes which can be made" on that Condition Type)

That should be good to go

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar ,

at what point of time do u want to do there validations ?, in order to understand Anji's comments , u need to get some info abt pricing procedures , then only u can understand his comments.

first have a word with ur Functional ppls , to get some idea abt pricing routines and also check tcode VOFM.

regards

Prabhu