Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit outbound idoc generation per hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could someone tell me if there is a way to limit the number of idoc generated in one hour for exemple ?

regards

Laurent

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not as such. No.

Why would you want to do such a thing?

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have to do that because we have some issues during mass update with our EAI system which is not able to manage more than 10000 idocs per hour.

We want to limit the volume at SAP level to avoid any problem.

thanks

0 Kudos

I see.

I gather, upgrading the hardware of the EAI system is totally out of the question?

To the point - of course you can interfere - you could (for example) use WE15 instead of generating IDOCs directly out of purchase orders (which would allow you to pin your own exit to the processing and there code whatever you want to -> repeat WE15 every hour etc.) but thats not nice or elegant or something ...

Do you have several types of IDOCs? Do they come out of NAST or change-pointers or ...? I do think we could advise you for one special application - but if there are several of these and you have to maintain more or less difficult algorithms all over the place ... this might get expensive.

Edited by: Mylène Dorias on Jul 21, 2010 2:37 PM

and yes ... this is general blabber as well harald is totally correct ...

and since when can I edit a message of mine if it has already a follow-up answer 8-|

0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand your scenario correct, so let me give a general comment: Usually the applications handle also high volumes of IDocs well as long as the number of parallel requests is limited. So if you're generating outbound IDocs via parallel threads/processes, then you probably want to use the outbound scheduler to limit the number of IDocs sent out in parallel.

It's another issue though if you have a single outbound channel and need to send different message types, with different priorities. In such cases you might get into trouble if you're clogging the interface with tons of possibly less important messages and thus slowing down the processing of few interspersed high priority messages.

However, as long as you don't describe your scenario with some more details I doubt that we can provide any useful feedback that goes beyond general blabber I've given above.

Cheers, harald