Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIKP Extended with new fields -- Need Added Fields In BAPI

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a part of requirement i extended table LIKP(delivery header) for a screen enhancement.The BAPI's for delivery creation i think are not affected ,is there any way to enhance the BAPi's to accomodate new fields??

thanks

sachin soni

7 REPLIES 7

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look for EXTENSION parameter in the BAPI ([Actions for an Enhancement Based on Existing SAP Database Tables|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/c3/4099ac8b8911d396b70004ac96334b/frameset.htm]

Regards)

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what BAPIs are you talking about? Usually BAPI has table for additional fields. For example BAPI BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_STO has table EXTENSION_IN. This table can be processed with the BADI BADI_DLV_CREATE_STO_EXTIN method ADDITIONAL_INPUT. Almost every BAPI has this table. Just check documentation of you BAPI and you will get which enhancement you need to implement.

Cheers

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi Raymond and martin,

very sorry for i couldn't reply on time(due to some internet problem),

martin,

if u can explain a bit on the use of the extension fields it wud really help me a lot.

thanks and apologies,

sachin soni

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked documentation which was posted by Raymond. It's very well described there. Usually it's described in BAPI documentation as well. Just go to SE37, enter a name of your BAPI and check if it is described there.

Cheers

0 Kudos

As martin wrote, look at the link i gave to you, look for "Filling ExtensionIn before a BAPI call"

Regards

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hey raymond, thanks for replying,i'm stuck at the BADI impl. for supplying the data from bapi to system table.

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Done with help from above replies