Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language texts problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm facing the following problem:

I have developments which were done using the english as original language.

This developments were transported to 2 different systems, and those systems are used with logon done in spanish.

In one of these systems, even without translations the texts in english are displayed.

Although, in the other system none is displayed, the text elements remains blank.

I know that the solution for this is to translate everything to spanish, but meanwhile I need the english texts even when logon is done in spanish.

I've searching for a while, and haven't found a explanation for it's been working in one system and don't work in another.

I've been thinking about a customizing or something like that, but so far nothing.

Any idea, suggestion, solution would be great?

Best regards,

Thiago

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but meanwhile I need the english texts even when logon is done in spanish.

>

While translating thru SE63N keep the same english text in spanish also the same, so while login thru spanish system will consider the spanish text contents are english text

4 REPLIES 4

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> but meanwhile I need the english texts even when logon is done in spanish.

>

While translating thru SE63N keep the same english text in spanish also the same, so while login thru spanish system will consider the spanish text contents are english text

0 Kudos

This is a way to solve the problem. However, I would like to avoid have to put all the texts item by item (there are several objects).

Is there a practical way to do that?

The best option for me would be have the same scenario of the other systems, avoiding have to go for translations in SE63.

Though, thanks for your suggestion!

Kind regards,

Thiago

0 Kudos

Try the possibility of using the following while spanish login

set local language 'EN'.

I am not 100% sure about this.

marcio_rodrigues3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.