Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KNA1 & LFA1 - Custom Fields in DB

balajishahrsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to Enhance the KNA1 and LFA1 DB structures. Hence we added a new Append structure to the DB.

And now we wanted to update this newly added custom field in KNA1 and LFA1.

is there any standard BAPI or Function module available to update the custom fields of KNA1 and LFA1. ( Like how we update the Sales order & contracts).

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

balajishahrsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Please let me know any BAPI which will support updating custom fields in KNA1 & LFA1

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<< inappropriate link removed by moderator >>

If you create through tcode BP, consider this:

https://blogs.sap.com/2013/12/31/fscm-additional-tab-to-business-partner-through-bdt-settings/

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please do search before posting: e.g in google, you can use update custom fields kna1 lfa1 site:sap.com

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Take a look at documentation of the following configuration (SPRO) nodes:

Financial Accounting (New) -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable -> Customer Accounts -> Master Data -> Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data -> Adoption of Customer's Own Master Data Fields -> ...

Financial Accounting (New) -> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable -> Vendor Accounts -> Master Data -> Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data -> Adoption of Customer's Own Master Data Fields -> ...

It's pretty well documented how to enhance customer/vendor master data with own fields. Read, ponder - you'll find your way around.

balajishahrsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik

Thanks for your message, I understand from the document that, how the screens can be enhanced and how the data can be passed to existing BADI's & ALE's.

At Present we are doing these changes for ILM implementation, Client requirement is to just enhance the KNA1/LFA1 structure and use standard BAPI/FM to update these custom fields ( the update to the custom fields should be done by Program and no user should be given the privilege to edit these fields or to see these fields).

I found a couple of BAPI's but with no extension(Parameter), kindly do let me know in this case how we can update the custom fields.

Should I enhance the standard BAPI's to accommodate these custom fields!