Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JOB Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would i know(writing ABAP code ) if a job that has been submitted is executed or still pending execution.

I have tried using FUNCTION 'BP_JOB_READ' by it does not seem to serve the purpose.

SOS

2 REPLIES 2

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Have you tried BP_JOB_STATUS_GET yet?

This will return the status of the job.

<i>F1 help on the status field.

Short text

Status of background job

Definition

The following statuses are possible:

Scheduled: Job defined, but not yet eligible to run even if the start condition has been fulfilled.

Released: Job eligible to be started as soon as the start condition with which it was scheduled is fulfilled.

Ready: Job waiting to start. The job has been released and the job's start condition has been fulfilled.

Active: Job is currently running and can no longer be deleted or reset to scheduled.

Finished: Job has been successfully completed. All job steps completed successfully. Note: the background processing system cannot always determine whether an external job step was successfully completed. In this case, the system assumes successful completion.

Terminated: Job was ended abnormally either through user action or through an error in running a job step.</i>

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

chk this

BDL_READ_JOB_STATUS

give job name and job number u will get status

Job status

R - Running

Y - Ready

P - Scheduled

S - Released