Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with the release strategy tab in ME21N

bala_krishna007
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an urgent problem when creating a PO for a particular document type the release strategy is not visible. From functional configuration every thing seems ok that means all the CL* TRANSACTIONS. I had checked in debug and the issue is because xclobj internal table is getting deleted and there is no entry in AUSP table with ATWRT equal to space but there is entry which is satisfying the objek and atinn condition

this XAUSP is filled from below fm

please suggest how to proceed in this case , do we need a entry in AUSP table with ATWRT blank and satisfying the atinn and objek conditions, I already serached in web but didnt help.

thanks,

balu

7 REPLIES 7

JL23
Active Contributor

first of all has MM01 no release strategy

and it would be much better if you could explain your strategy functional wise as release strategies work pretty well from coding point of view (except own coding in exits), I rarely saw a SAP note on release strategy for fixing standard coding.

So I strongly believe that your issue is a functional issue and can't be solved on this micro view of coding statements.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I mean when the PO is created for a particular document type there is a release strategy tab, the release strategy tab itself is not visible in MM01 . When I checked in debug from the screenshot CLSC_SELECT_OBJECTS the standard function module is picking up the release group details XCLOBJ and at line no 340 based on entry in AUSP its deleting the internal table XCLOBJ , If I skip this deletion step at line no 340 the release strategy is visible . I had checked in AUSP table for that particular OBJEK(Key of object to be classified) and ATINN( Internal characteristic ) ATWRT ( Characteristic Value ) should be blank otherwise the internal table XCLOBJ is deleted this is as per the existing standard code. so how to proceed do we need to add an entry in ausp table with space ATWRT or do we need to mainatin space in CL02 tcode. please suggest?

The functional consulatnt informed every thing fine from their end.

thanks,

balu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is all too much coding language to describe the problem.

Is this your exit or is it SAP standard coding? In general just assume that SAP standard coding is ok and works well for many years.

First things first, do you know how release strategies are setup and what logic they actually have?

In easy understandable words: the characteristics defined in classification have to match with the values in your PO, otherwise the screen will not come up.

A PO release strategy is a header level strategy, if your strategy uses fields from the item level then a certain logic has to be applied when defining its classification, see the details in my blog: Purchasing Release Strategy - an expanded explanation and a GPS through SCN and SAP notes Just use Ctrl+F and search for "header"

BTW, change the subject of your question please, MM01 is material master creation

0 Kudos

sorry its not MM01 its ME21N when PO creation

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then change the title! It still says "MM01", which is incorrect and misleading.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sorry how to change the title

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

usually via EDIT, which should be in the menu that you get when you click the Actions link directly between the subject line of your question and your question itself.