Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue related to BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a issue related to BOM. In VA03 we have a field that determines the higher level item in the BOM structure. Now, for the first line item if this has value 0 then this is the primary . And if the second line item has value 1 then it means this item is the BOM component of the first line item? Please could anyone explain me this concept.

I have to check these components if they are confirmed or not.while displaying if any of the BOM components are unconfirmed then print the estimated delivery date of the first line item with text "backordered" else print the date itself i.e when its confirmed. This is to be done in a smartform with output type YA01.

Please suggest me some solutions about this issue.

Thanks,

sindhu.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu,

A BOM (Bill of materials) stores the necessary information such as raw materials needed, their count etc to manufacture a component.

You can find all this info in BOM header and item tables which are STKO and STPO.

Plus if you want to see parent-child relationship amongst the materials use Transactions CS12 and CS15.

CS12 drills down from Finished product to raw materials while CS15 drills up from raw material to finished goods.

If you can check STKO and STPO tables ..... definitely you will get the required info you need.

Hope this is helpful to u

Amogh

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu!

... and especially in VBAP: if UEPOS is filled (<> 0), then this line is component. The value of UEPOS is line number of corresponding BOM header in VBAP.

Also different order types (PSTYV) might be used. Eventually the components aren't confirmend, because only the BOM header is relevant.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sindhu ,

In VA01/2/3, We will Use SalesOrder BOM.In Sales Order Route u can give Free Goods also.

Regards

Prabhu