Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in PAI module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing one issue where one of the PAI module is not being called.

Scenario :

As per the current system, standard screen 0014 in MEGUI functional group, was modified few years back and custom PAI module was inserted inside it.

*{ INSERT DSK9055258

module check_config_materials.

*} INSERT

Earlier this module was getting executed successfully and control used to go inside it as well but after EHP6 upgrade control is not going inside the mentioned module.

Please let me know the approach how to find root cause of it.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Mostly during SPAU / SPAD this program might have been over written and it would better to put a break-point and check if it is still applicable in the sequence it is executed.

BR

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check in SE51 if the module really exists. Doubleclick in the flow logic to check, whether the module can be found. Maybe this module is in an include which is lo longer included after upgrade.

Maybe a standard report was set to SAP STANDARD in SPAU. Please check this.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi,

Custom code was again put back during SPAU activities for this screen and when I double click on the module, it shows the relevant code. Nothing has been overwritten.

But at runtime when I debug the flow logic control does not go inside this module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Please provide your useful suggestions....

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

The screen you mentioned is as an include to multiple main programs.

Also check if the code is activated properly if possible try to check out some enhancement for your checks rather than putting it in the screen directly.

BR

0 Kudos

hi BR,

These checks were implemented long back when the system was on 4.6c.

No doubt these checks should be placed in some SAP provided enhancements but the present functionality has been working from last 4-5 years and we have to find the solution of the same within that scope instead of placing the checks in any enhancements of newer version.

I am not able to understand how the custom PAI module is getting skipped even though it's implemented and activated too. Would definitely like to understand the back end functionality that how SAP calls these modules instead of just simple theoretical answer like "When user do some action PAI event gets triggered'.

Please guide me.....

Thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

In 4.6c the PO transaction was ME21 and now it is ME21N. The way PAI works has not changed but the codes have. If you have some messages or something like that it will not work as if you see the code they have bundled the entire coding via OOPs in ME21N where as it was procedural more over in ME21 also the messaging and checking are all over-ridden with the processing of BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST with methods PROCESS_HEADER and PROCESS_ITEM.

Implement this BADI and it will work.

BR

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't expect that modification of the standard will always be easy to carry from 4.6c to ECC Ehp ?, logic of many programs has changed in such a long time. So better solution is uage of BAdI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST. Here sequence of screen may have changed so if user doesn't display the screen/Subscreen with the modification no check is performed. DEpending on the screen modified select the good IF_EX_ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST~PROCESS_XXXX or CHECK method.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think I missed out mentioning important point that the same functionality was working fine in ECC as well but after EHP6 upgrade we are encountering this issue.

Please let me know if you still require any further info.

Thanks

VJ