Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issu with Copy MB1B to ZMB1B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have copied MB1B program to ZMB1B and I facing below problems:

1. There is 1 Field in main screen 400 which is displaying on screen layout but when running program then it does not display.

2. In main screen there is Movement type field where F4 values are not getting displayed.

3. GUI status & Title of main screen is different from MB1B, I checked in debug and found Title - H2 & PFSTATUS H3 is getting called for MB1B but in ZMB1B it is calling H1 in both title & status.

Please provide your valuable suggestion for these 3 issues.

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would look for another approach. Trying to copy a complex SAP program and transaction is very risky. The transaction name and program name are hard-coded in many areas of the program.

Rob

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would look for another approach. Trying to copy a complex SAP program and transaction is very risky. The transaction name and program name are hard-coded in many areas of the program.

Rob

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

+1 to Rob. Please also see comments on this post: https://scn.sap.com/thread/3709187

It's a terrible idea to do such thing, so just scratch all that copy and find a better solution. I don't believe for a second that copying a transaction is the only option. If anyone insists otherwise just give them the link above.

Edit: this is actually listed as # 11 on the Top ABAP crimes list:

Message was edited by: Jelena Perfiljeva

0 Kudos

When you are copying sap standard program to zprogram, there might be some chances that

that  program name is hard coded  in the standard coding. Due to hard coding value of  standard program name  ,it fails the condition in our custom program.  please debug the program  thoroughly and check that, if hard coding value is available  and also check the condition.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Beside of the fact that I agree to the above mentioned comments I can tell you the root cause for this issue. in movement type customizing (OMJJ) is a step where you define allowed transactions.

The world is not black and white, functional knowledge and ABAP are not independent of each other. And by the way, MB1B is already marked as an obsolete transaction which is no more supported and will be removed by SAP with the next release, as it got already replaced with MIGO at the beginning of this century.