Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any function module to assign Object to Transport request (Task)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

My requirement is to assign an object to desired task of the transport request. I found one FM called TR_EXT_INSERT_IN_REQUEST. But it has some limitations.

Limitations of FM : TR_EXT_INSERT_IN_REQUEST

1. It will assign the given object to given Transport request. But not to the task of a transport request. This FM will not allow assigning objects to the task. It will allow only to request.

2. Object entry present in transport request table e071. But, I can't find any version in version management. Moreover, the object is not locked under that particular request.

Can any one let me know, is there any function module to fullfill the requirement without above mentioned limitations?

Requirement :

1. Given object should be assigned to given task of TR.

2. Need FM to activate the Object and object texts.

3. After assigning to the request, It should show the vesion in version management and object should be locked under particular Task/ Request.

Your help would be greatly appreciated and <<removed by moderator>> Thanks in advance.

Have a nice day!!

Thanks and Regards,

Neelima. D

Edited by: kishan P on Jan 5, 2012 2:21 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

You first assign that object to a package first, it will ask for the TR. Then assign the object to a TR. It will be saved under the task of that TR. you can see the versions also for your object.

Steps: in the menu bar follow these steps Goto -> Object directory entry and click on edit. there assign a package to it.

Thanks,

Karuna

11 REPLIES 11

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide the details of the object. what object is it..?

Nabheet

0 Kudos

HI,

It may be PROG, FUGR or CLAS.

Regards

Neelima.

0 Kudos

is it in local package..? if you change the it to some pkg then it will ask for transport..

Nabheet

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neelima,

Did you check TR_INSERT_REQUEST_WITH_TASKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

You first assign that object to a package first, it will ask for the TR. Then assign the object to a TR. It will be saved under the task of that TR. you can see the versions also for your object.

Steps: in the menu bar follow these steps Goto -> Object directory entry and click on edit. there assign a package to it.

Thanks,

Karuna

0 Kudos

@ Dear Nabheet & Karuna

The object is not in local folder. I am aware of the process of assigning the object to request manually.

I want that to be done automatically. I wont prefer writing BDC for this.

@ Dear Keshav,

Thank you for the function module. But TR_INSERT_REQUEST_WITH_TASKS will create a tarnsport request with tasks.

@ Dear All,

My requirement is to assign the object to Task automatically. Not creating the request or Task. Task & Request are

present already.

0 Kudos

There is also TR_OBJECTS_INSERT, following a mandatory TR_OBJECTS_CHECK call. However these function modules seem to only take the request as input and will choose the correct task underneath automatically based on task type and user name.

What would be the point in having to choose between multiple tasks of the same type for the same user under one request?

Thomas

0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

The owner of the request will be someone else. I have a permission to create a task under that request and save my object changes. This is very much possible. Hence, I requested like this.

Can you send me any sample coding on how to use both function modules. I have tested these. But, I was getting error related to interface call. I didn't underatnd that error.

I will happy, if you share the sample coding on usage of both Function modules.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

When the request is owned by user A and you have a task underneath for your user B, then by choosing the request number your objects will added under your own task automatically, not the one of user A, that's what I tried to describe in my first post.

Examples are all over the place, just pull a where-used list for either of these function modules, e.g. the usage in program RSRV_MAINTAIN seems straightforward.

Thomas

0 Kudos

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for inputs. your last reply was very much useful. We are able to attach the object as per the requirement. But, there is one more point missing.

If I make changes in main program & Includes; this FM attaching only main program, not the includes.

That would be great, if you could help on this as well. Our objects include PROG (Any type), Function group & classes.

Thanks,

Neelima.

0 Kudos

Hello Neelima, Can you please confirm whether you were able to attach programs (REPS) through this FM TR_OBJECTS_INSERT. If yes, please let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance.