Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any FM or BAPI to update Value date(VALUT) and Payment Reference(KIDNO) Field in FB09?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way other thank BDC to update the payment reference (KIDNO) for all line items and Value date (VALUT) for bank g/l in t-code FB09?

Currently I am using BDC to update the fields in FB09 but its not feasible. I have checked Bapi_acc_document_post but Kidno is not available for bank and Vendor line items.

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK no BAPI for that (as many threads stated) and widely used FMs like FI_ITEMS_MASS_CHANGE use some BDC/CALL TRANSACTION, but can be easier to call. (Of course you could use BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_REV_POST & BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST or any reverse/post again tool depending on document type)

0 Kudos

Can you please explain how can we use BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST for update action.

0 Kudos

Read my answer again 😉

This was only a sample: "any reverse/post again tool" and "no BAPI for that"

0 Kudos

Right, I tried using BAPI for updating KIDNO and some FMs like item mass change but nothing is updating KIDNO for vendor and customer. So now i am using BDC to update it.

0 Kudos

AFAIK the FI_ITEMS_MASS_CHANGE will generate a BDC for you. But is this field available for change in your Customizing (look at a ref OSS note like 827413 - FI: Changeability of fields in FI documents or SM30 on V_TBAER view.)

89shil
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Use FM FI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE function module to update valut and kidno.