Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible, to get just a view on that content I need?

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

is there a view, where i can just see my actual program or Functiongroup, such in SE80?

I know the outer-view and the package-view, but  i'm not able to make a smaller view.

I searched and worked trough a lot of documents, but i didn't find anything about that. Or is it just not avaible at the moment?

Regards

Florian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

which view do you mean in SE80? I guess you mean that you display in SE80 just one object and not the whole package. For this we have the outline view in eclipse that shows you the content of the editor in focus. Isn't this sufficient for you?

Regards,

Thomas.

5 REPLIES 5

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

which view do you mean in SE80? I guess you mean that you display in SE80 just one object and not the whole package. For this we have the outline view in eclipse that shows you the content of the editor in focus. Isn't this sufficient for you?

Regards,

Thomas.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

the outline is not exactly what i'm looking for.

See the attached images. I think it would be more efficient, if there is a view, just for my object.

Here, i got just the program or whatever i need in an own view

In eclipse, i just got that package with a lot more informations i need.

The outerview give exaktly one object back, thats great, so i do not want to change the outer view, just to add an extra view for the objects, are red lined in the screenshot below. Perhaps it would be possible.

Regards

Florian

By the way. Awesome work what you already have done with eclipse.

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

do you know the "Link with Editor" Button in the project explorer?

This helps to open the project explorer at the right position based on the editor content.

Filtering the project explorer so that you only see the content of one object is currently not supported.

But for Java Development there is the possibility to restrict the view to parts of the package hierarchy.

This we can potentially provide for ABAP projects. I will check with my dev team.

Kind Regards,

Thomas.

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you. That's exactly what i'm was looking for. I remembered that from my java-experience.

Regards

Florian

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I just checked with a colleague the JDT behavior. There is an additional feature called 'GO INTO' in the context menu of the project explorer for java projects. But it is only available for packages not for single objects. We will check how this can be also provided for singel ABAP development objects.

Regards,

Thomas.