Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible interactive popup with a text box asking for info in ABAP

0 Kudos

Hi Team,

My requirement is when a user clicks a Save button Icon he should get a POPUP asking for name to save the data. Is it possible to do the same.

I found some FMs  like Popup_to_confirm, Popup_for_interaction but this  popups are meant for yes or no.

Please advise is it possible to have interactive popup asking for some name when you click the save button, if yes please advise how we can go about it.

Regards

Sunil Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using SE37 to find a popup fm to get values, you should have found POPUP_GET_VALUES (and obsolete POPUP_TO_GET_VALUE)

Regards,

Raymond

3 REPLIES 3

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Using SE37 to find a popup fm to get values, you should have found POPUP_GET_VALUES (and obsolete POPUP_TO_GET_VALUE)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I would rather create a custom screen that you can call when the SAVE button is pressed. You can do some validations more easily that way.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you looking for path/filename?  If so, look at class cl_gui_frontend_services, particularly:

call method cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_open_dialog  or

call method cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_save_dialog