Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'invalid catalog entry' error when create shift note using FM COCF_SN_CREATE_PP

Mahmoud-Farag
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,
I am trying to create a shift note using the FM COCF_SN_CREATE_PP but when I entered the category value I get error

' invalid catalog entry ' how can I fix that error to create the note .
the image from the SE37 for testing the FM

3 REPLIES 3

ziolkowskib
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mahmoud_farag,

I have never used Shift Notes but answering your question in the simplest possible way I would say that most probably value LOSS does not exist in table QPCD (QPCD-CODE).

You can debug method CHECK_INPUT_PARAMETER of class CL_COCF_SN_API to check what values are used in the WHERE clause.

Regards,

Bartosz

Mahmoud-Farag
Participant
0 Kudos

First , thanks for your answer

but I create the shift note with the same values in SHN1 ,and it created normal if i entered a wrong value in category in FM i get error ' not exit value ' i want to create a shift note using FM ( COCF_SN_CREATE_PP ). but i got an error with the category .
can you try to create one in SE37 with COCF_SN_CREATE_PP(just needed the work center , date and category ) maybe that error in my system only .

thanks again .

Mahmoud-Farag
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all ,
I solved this problem finally , it was in the in the IMG activity .

You have checked the following settings in Customizing for the Shift Note in the IMG activity Catalogs and Catalog Profiles for Notification Type :

1. For the desired notification type , choose a catalog profile, such as 000000001 general catalog profile .
  2. In the Coding field, choose a catalog type , such as 9 defect types .
check the Prerequisites: https://help.sap.com/erp_hcm_ias2_2015_02/helpdata/en/f9/d2b65334e6b54ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm?...