Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Table to Excel with Column Header line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I need to download Internal table data to excel with a column header line.

My Code is as follows:

TYPES: BEGIN OF y_hdr,

head(30) TYPE c,

END OF y_hdr.

Data: t_hdr TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF y_hdr.

• Fill internal table t_adrcdata

• fill the header table t_hdr

CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'

EXPORTING

filename = C:\test.xls

filetype = 'DBF'

• IMPORTING

TABLES

data_tab = t_adrcdata

fieldnames = t_hdr

EXCEPTIONS

file_write_error = 1

no_batch = 2

This code gives me a row with column headers.

However they are all truncated after 10 chars.

The truncation is independent of column data length. Data could be of length 2,5 or 40 but the header always displays upto 10 chars.

Keeping the filename as test.xls, when I download it in ASC format instead of DBF the headers are of proper length.

What could I be doing wrong?

I know this topic has been discussed before but my question is pertaining to DBF Format download. The reason I chose DBF format is because it downloads the data in DB format and does not give in to Excel formatting.

FOr example in ASC format:

1, A field of type Char(12) used to get downloaded into excel without the leading zeros. 000012345678 --> 12345678

2. Date in format dd-MMM-yyyy in a char(11) field used to get downloaded to excel in dd-MMM-yy format.

When I chose DBF, this issue was resolved. However, the column headers got truncated at 10 chars.

Please feel free to recommend any other way of downloading to Excel and preserving format if this method is incorrect/ there is a better way.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take 'ASC' format for file type.

But when you declare your internal table to pass for FM you have to create all the fields with char.

Example:

data: begin of it_exl occurs 0,

bukrs(04) type c,

belnr(10) type c,

buzei(03) type c,

end of ut_exl.

You need to manipulate your date format and other stuff before appending to this internal table.

Thanks,

Deepak.

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply.

I had already tried it this option but it does not keep the formatting in XLS.

If I download to txt files there is no issue but on download to xls the formatting is lost.

Regards,

Ashwin