Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Number Assignment : Vendor Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

<b>STEP 1 :</b> I'm using BAPI_VENDOR_GETINTNUMBER to get the next allocated number for Vendor and then pass this number to BAPI_ADDRESSORG_SAVEREPLICA to create address data.

<b>Reason of usning BAPI is :</b> We can upload data through LSMW using standard program but the limitation is that in target strcucture of standard program length for some of the fields(NAME1,NAME2...etc) is 35 but in real SAP transaction it allows upto 40.So as per BAPI documentation we should use it to overcome this problem.

<b>STEP2 :</b> Create rest of the (general) data using LSMW standard program and here it expected that the address data should automatically populate on the screen . But the problem is - we cannot pass Vendor Number to the intial screen of Vendor Master (ie. we cannot have Vendor Number in our source file ) then how Address data(created by BAPI) will be linked to the general data.

<b>Note :</b> In case of External Number Assignment we can pass Vendor Number and address data automatically populated on the screen while general data load using LSMW.

Regards

Sonal

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal

I would advice you to use LSMW with Batch Input Program: <b>RFBIKR00</b>. This can be convinient for both Internal & External Number Range Assignments.

Kind Regards

Eswar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i am uploading the vendor master data.I have used std prg <b>RFIBKR00</b>.I also stuck up with address data.I tried the same addres BAPI but i stuck up at the business object I mean import parameters of FM.Can u please help me how to use this FM.

But In my case there is no problem with Internal or external number range becayse i have already know that internal number ranges will be used for some vendors so thats why i have taken a filed <b>ALTKN</b> which should be populated definitely in the flatfile and this should be Unique.Based on this i will retreive the vendor number.............

<b>But please help me in using the BAPI...........</b>

Thanks.