Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sap,

i have created a screen with the 7 fields where i have set search help too.

when the user wants to save save something he MUST choos from F4 and should be prohibited from entering the values other than F4.

it is module pool programing. how can i restrict him from choosing only the F4 VALUES

your great contribution could be highly appriciated.

thank you,

pasala.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member217544
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pasala,

Check these links if it gives any idea:

Regards,

Swarna Munukoti

sridhar_meesala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the attributes window of the input/output fields check the list box option, then the f4 will be comming as dropdown and user will not be able too enter any thing.

Thanks,

Sri.

MarcinPciak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively, you can simply use text fields instead of input fields and place litte button next to it. Then if user hits that button you will provide F4 functionality and after he selects one entry you transport data back to those text fields . This way you don't allow user to enter data, you only display what he/she has selected from the input help.

I did it once and it works fine.

Regards

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can validate the input value in the PAI of the module pool program. In case validation in not sucessfull give an error message.

press F1 on chain, endchain commands and also view tutorial on dialog program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi interface masters,

i have a screen field where i have f4 values attached to this field.

now when the user wants to enter anything manually or when he tries to enter somthing on the input screen the screen should not allow him or write nothing on the screen.

how can i make this in the attributes?

can anyone help me.

thank you,

pasala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

self answer