Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization Event after End of selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have program output to be shown on screen and then exit the program but after program output it's again starting the initialization event and showing the selection screen. I have tried Leave program statement but if i use it it's not showing me output of report and directly exiting the program.

I need to execute this program as a part of Process Chain.

Please help me with solutions for this.

Thank you in Advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens when there is no output coded. When there is nothing to be shown in output, the program initializes back and takes the user to selection screen.

- Normal behavior.

Thanks, Juwin

8 REPLIES 8

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens when there is no output coded. When there is nothing to be shown in output, the program initializes back and takes the user to selection screen.

- Normal behavior.

Thanks, Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved, I had Multiple screens in the program, now removed it. Kept only one screen and it's working fine.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you have a selection screen in a program started in a BI Process Chain? I did some scenario where the process chain is started with parameters, and the program retrieves the parameters using RSPC_PROCESS_GET_INFO function module

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK, process chain also gives an option to start a report, with a variant.

Thanks, Juwin

0 Kudos

OK

There's something I don't understand in sheetal meshram question. If the program is run via the process chain, then there shouldn't be the issue mentioned, as it shouldn't start in dialog!

I mean, maybe the issue is that the program is ran in test mode (SE38), instead of being run via the process chain! Via the process chain, the program will run correctly.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed. Programs in process chains run in background. There is no screen output.

0 Kudos

But in the spool list I can still see the Program output.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sheetal meshram wrote:

But in the spool list I can still see the Program output.

Then why did you say "I have program output to be shown on screen"

Please be accurate and specific when you post questions so you do not waste the time of the people who are trying to help you!