Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index for Archive Info Structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can any one pls tell me how to create Indexes for Archive Info structures. I want to increase the performance in retreival of data from the Archive System.

Thanks

Srini

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not possible create indexes for info strctures...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Structures can not have indexes.so we cant create indexes for that.Its only for database tables. Structures are not available at database levels.

hope it helps

regards

Aakash Banga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Archiving lists is not linked to a special application; it is available for any list created using a report, unless archiving is carried out internally by the report.

The system creates lists automatically from the print spool. Thus, you can only archive print lists.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I got to know about the Archive Info structure indexes through one of the documents i found online. And it is said that the indexes are created in the dbtab AIND_STR8. I was wondering that how these indexes are created. Can anyone pls help me understanding the same.

thank you

srini.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have not done this myself, but here is the help text I found through SARI -> Customizing -> enter the relevant info structure and then Goto -> Database index.

Use

Here you can define database indexes for archive information structures.

The data of an archive information structure is stored in a database table. This table is generated when you activate the information structure, that is, it is directly generated in the production system. Because database tables should not be changed in the production system, it is not possible to directly create database indexes for the tables that were generated in the archive information structure.

Instead, in the archive information system you can define what the tables for the archive information structures should look like. The indexes themselves are then generated when you activate the information structure.

Standard settings

For standard information structures suitable definitions for a database index often already exist.

Activities

To define a database index for an archive information structure follow this procedure:

Start the maintenance dialog for defining database indexes. If you are currently reading this text from the Implementation Guide (IMG), start the appropriate action that corresponds to the IMG activity. Otherwise you can reach the maintenance dialog via transaction SM30 and Table/View AIND_SV8ES.

In the dialog box "Determine Work Area" choose the information structure for which you want to define the database indexes.

A table will appear. The rows of the table correspond to the fields of the indexes that are to be defined. The columns of the table have the following meaning:

Index Name: This is the index ID under which the index was created in DDIC. Follow the naming convention described in the field help Index Name.

Position: This is the position of the field in the index.

Field Name: This is the technical name of the field in the information structure.

Enter the desired fields in the table. The field "Client" (MANDT) has to be entered by you, if you need it.

You also need to keep the following points in mind when defining database indexes for information structures:

If you are removing fields that appear in the index definition from the corresponding information structure, you must adjust the index definition manually. Otherwise you may encounter problems when you activate the information structure.

The system only takes the index definition into account, if no database table exists for the information structure yet. You may have to delete the database table that belongs to the information structure. You can do this in Customizing for the information structure (transaction SARI -> Customizing), by calling up the function "Utilities -> Delete Table".

Example

The following index definition exists in the standard for the information structure SAP_FI_DOC_002. The index definition contains the following rows, among others:

Index Name Position Field Name

LIF 10 MANDT

LIF 20 LIFNR

LIF 30 BUKRS

REF 10 MANDT

REF 20 AWKEY

With this information, a table with two indexes will be created when the information structure is activated. The index with the ID "LIF" will contain the fields MANDT, LIFNR and BUKRS (in that order). The index "REF" will contain the fields MANDT and AWKEY.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run transaction sarj. Enter you info structure and menu: goto->Database Index. Here you can define the database index.

Best Regards,

Laszlo