Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including transport request while modifying the custom table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scnerio like, I have to insert/modify some records in my custom table. Now we want that these records should come under a transport request, so that we can track which records are for which user.

I am developing a report and including a parameter for transport request in the selection screen. So the report will take TR number directly from selection screen, but how to include it for the records inserted.

Regards,

Harjeet

10 REPLIES 10

faisal_altaf2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Grover

Please search with the String Transport Table Entries. Hope you will find the Answer of your Question.

Best Regards.

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

What do you mean by the string Transport Table Entries, where to find this string. Can you please elaborate this.

Thanks,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Hi, Grover

For Search Result => [Click Here|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=TransportTableEntries&objID=&dateRange=all&numResults=30&rankBy=10001]

Regards,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Hello Altaf,

I think you did'nt understood my issue. I am not using and transaction. I am creating a report program which inserts new entries into my custom table based on the flat file on my presentation server.

Now I want these entries to be inside a transport request which is there in the selection screen.

Hope this gives the clear idea of my specification.

Regards,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Why not you add user/date fields in this table and update then while inserting and updating !!

0 Kudos

Hello Manohar,

First thing is we cannot change the structure of table and second is if we add a user field as well then how it will go inside the transport request. User may have many transport requests under his name. We want to input these entries to specific task (TR) which we are deciding to provide in the selection screen as mandatory parameter.

Regards,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to add one more update, I can also do this functionality like we create the entries through SM30 and after creating them it asks for a TR.

If I can write a program where we create entries and provide the TR there itself by supressing the pop up for TR, then this may also meet my functionality.

Regards,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Hello Harjeet,

Is this question answered? If yes then please let me know about the solution as i have similar requirement and need to finish it asap. Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

No Amit, this isn't resolved, but we have implemented the same by using BDC..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Instead of including a parameter for the transport request on the selection screen, try using the following function Modules

1) On saving the data, create customized request using the function module IW_C_CREATE_TRANSPORT_REQUEST.

2) Create customized task using the function module BAPI_CTREQUEST_CREATE_TASKS.

3) Data entries are saved in the same customizing request using the function Modules TR_OBJECTS_CHECK and TR_OBJECTS_INSERT respectively.

Hope that solves your issue.

Regards

Richa