Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INBOUND IDOC issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing the following problem:

A program reads a file from a directory in the unix server itself and populates an IDoc. No BDC is involved.The file contains all the data required to populate the IDoc like control record, data records etc. But when the IDoc is posted, it fails giving the message " <b>Receiver port in the control record is invalid</b> ". But when I try to reprocess the IDoc through WE19 without changing anything, I'm able to process it successfully by giving the <b>Inbound Function Module</b> corresponding to the process code.This is not happening in the case of <b>Standard Inbound</b>. I'm using a file port with ALE services but not EDI.All the other configurations are maintained.

Please suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Raj.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the port configuration might need to be looked at again seeing your error message.

While using WE19, you may not see this issue as you are not going to do receiver determination etc which would be done for inbound processing.

You have also mentioned this is not happening for Standard inbound function. So are you using a custom function module and attaching it to the process code?

Rgds,

HR

0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

I am using a custom function module and attaching it to the process code. Will this be the cause of the problem? If yes, then please tell me how to go about it.

Thanks,

Raj.

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajgopal,

for an inbound idoc no need for port configuration.Please see whether u have done all the configurations correctly.Also if this is inbound that means u r updating to SAP , so already data will be available in control record and data record.So please check the sender information and the receiver information.check the port the sender using.

For a custom function module,custom message type,custom basictype,the below configurations r generally done.

1>we81

2>we31

3>we30

4>bd51

5>we57

6>we42

7>we20

In we20 u have give u r zmessagetype in the inbound parameters and also u r custom process code.

Regards,

Nagaraj

0 Kudos

The easiest thing you can do is look at a successfully processed inbound IDoc. The control record will show you a valid receiver port.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use some other inbound Function module and check

Thanks

Sunil