Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In SQL Trace how to see which statement getting more time .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expart,

In SQL Trace (T-code ST05) . I am running the standard transaction . how to see which statement

running more time and less time . suppose one statement running more time so how resolve the

performance .

Plz. reply me

Regards

Razz

2 REPLIES 2

former_member555112
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Place your cursor on the SELECT statement where the operation is "OPEN' or 'REOPEN' and click 'EXPLAIN' button.

This will show you how the select statement was executed along with the fields in the where clause.

It will also xplain you whether it has done an index unique scan or index range scan or there was no use of index in the scan.

The duration of the statement will be shown in the first list.

The ones in 'RED' color are the statement which are taking a lot of time and you need to optimise the same.

In SE30 transaction you can find the Tips and Tricks as to how to optimise your code.

Regards,

Ankur Parab

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The ones in 'RED' color are the statement which are taking a lot of time and you need to

> optimise the same.

No, that is incorrect, the red ones show only the ones which need several hundret milliseconds in one execution. This can even be correct for hard tasks. And there are lots of problem, which you will not see

I have said everything here:

SQL trace:

/people/siegfried.boes/blog/2007/09/05/the-sql-trace-st05-150-quick-and-easy

Go to 'Tracelist' -> Summarize by SQL statements', this is the view which you want to see!

I summarizes all executions of the same statement.

There are even the checks explained, the slow ones are the one which need a lot of time per record!

See MinTime/Rec > 10.000 microseconds.

Check all number of records, executions, buffer, identicals.

The SE30 Tipps and Tricks will not help much.

Siegfried